This Is How People Judge You As Soon As They Know You’re A Catholic
It’s not an earth shattering fact that the catholic community is a minority in India and is one of those communities that is perceived with so many stereotypes that I can’t even risk counting them. Right from being called pav walas to uncultured, here is how people judge you as soon as they know that you’re a catholic.
1. First of all everyone around you thinks that you’re from Goa
Everytime someone asks you, if you’re from Goa.
2. So, the first question they will ask you is how’s Goa and how’s the weather like in there.
3. Followed by grilling you on how lucky you are that Goa is your native place.
4. Just FYI, not every catholic in India is from Goa, just saying!
5. Calling you a pav wala or pav wali is like the favorite pastime of everyone around you. They even use that as a nickname for you btw.
Pav wala is so synonymous with a catholic that when you search for pav wala in Google, this is what Google suggests.
6. Everyone, well almost everyone thinks that you’re born with a bottle of beer in your hand and that you drink 24 hours of the day everyday.
7. And that you eat pork and beef for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even in your sleep.
8. Suddenly, for some weird reason, people around you start speaking with you in English as soon as they get to know that you’re a catholic.
9. I mean, guys we are also born and raised in India and can very well speak Hindi and other languages.
10. For some reason, being catholic in India has a perception of being uncultured.
11. FYI, we are as Indians as any other Indian and we are raised with Indian values.
12. If you tell a non-Catholic parent or any non-Catholic person that you have a catholic friend who is a girl, they will immediately assume that the girl wears short clothes, because catholic.
13. Also, everyone for some reason thinks that Christmas is the only festival that Christians celebrate and for heaven’s sake Good Friday is not Happy Good Friday. *eyes rolling*
Everytime someone tells me a happy Good Friday.
14. Catholics are usually not even considered a part of the country and things like, go back to UK or US or wherever you are from you angrez are an everyday thing.
15. People also assume that since you are a catholic you must be from a convent or a missionary college.
(Seriously, it’s not that easy getting admission in a convent school or a missionary college).
16. Also, arre catholic bandi hai to forward he hogi.
Yeah right! Catholics are surely more open minded, now if you want to call that forward, the sure.
17. And talking about forward, everyone very conveniently assumes that catholic hai toh din raat party he karte honge.
Yup, because we obvious don’t have anything else to do in life.