These Interesting Facts About Solar System Will Make You Realize How Small Our Earth Is!

Fareen
332 views

Ever wondered how small we are when compared to the entire universe? When we were in school, we were taught about the solar system! But how much of it do we remember? And how much was actually taught? While browsing the internet today I found facts about the Solar system that has left me with my mouth open!

1. Our Solar system is 4.6 Billion Years old

Our Solar system is 4.6 Billion Years oldSource

2. We have 8 planets and 5 dwarf planets. Pluto is one of the dwarf planets

We have 8 planets and 5 dwarf planets. Pluto is one of the dwarf planetsSource

3. The Solar System has 181 moons, 566,000 asteroids and 3100 comets

The Solar System has 181 moons, 566,000 asteroids and 3100 cometsSource

4. The hottest planet is not Mercury. It’s Venus. Venus is so hot that the average temperature could melt tin and lead

The hottest planet is not Mercury. It’s Venus. Venus is so hot that the average temperature could melt tin and leadSource

5. 99.86% of the system’s mass is found in the Sun and the remaining 0.14% is contained within the solar system’s eight planets.

Sun Atmospher

Source

6. The 5 dwarf planets are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake & Eris

The 5 dwarf planets are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake & ErisSource

7. You weigh 6 times lesser on Moon

You weigh 6 times lesser on MoonSource

8. Seasons on Uranus last for 20 years

Seasons On Uranus Last For Twenty YearsSource

9. One day on Mercury is 58 days on earth!

One day on Mercury is 58 days on earthSource

10. Pluto is actually smaller than the USA

Pluto is actually smaller than USASource

11. While we have just one moon, Jupiter as 67 moons!

While we have just one moon, Jupiter as 67 moons!Source

12. This is the most clear picture we have of Pluto

This is the most clear picture we have of PlutoSource

13. Venus spins the opposite direction of every other planet.

Venus spins the opposite direction of every other planet.Source

14. Saturn is not the only planet with rings. Many other planets like Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus have rings, but they are difficult to see because of distance.

Saturn is not the only planet with rings. Many other planets like Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus have rings, but they are difficult to see because of distanceSource

15. Earth’s rotation is going slower by the day which could mean longer days in the future

15.Earth’s rotation is going slower by the day which could mean longer days in the futureSource
Header|Fact Source|Fact Source|Fact Source

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Facebook
Google+
http://www.fireflydaily.com/interesting-facts-about-solar-system/">
Pinterest
Pinterest
Instagram
Read previous post:
Finally WhatsApp To Start Monetization, To Have Verified Business Accounts That Can Co (1) (1)
Finally WhatsApp To Start Monetization, To Have Verified Business Accounts That Can Contact Customers By Paying Premium

WhatsApp finally rolls out paid chats feature for business conversation.

Close